Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Art for the day


©Rose Refour - Markers on Cardstock - Untitled



© Betty Refour - Watercolor on Paper - Winding Road

Yesterday morning we had rain for several hours and then for a short time the weather became severe with high winds, thunder and lightening. It lasted just long enough to knock the power out so Rose and I had to entertain ourselves for a time. One of the things we did were these ATC's. Artist Trading Cards or ACEO's - Art Cards Editions and Originals as they are also commonly known, are small works of art 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. They are considered an inexpensive way to collect art.

It's funny how you get into a routine and may not even notice. We were sitting outside when the gentleman from the power company came by and asked us to check to see if our lights were working. I checked and gave him a thumbs up and told Rose we had power. I headed for my easel and I could hear the sweet sound of music and finger popping coming from her room.

Have a great day everybody, thanks for stopping by. BTW for anyone who may not know, Rose is my sister and she has autism.

No comments: