Friday, August 31, 2007

Art for the day


©Duane Kirby Jensen - Sisters - 2007 Ink on Paper - Intended for the private collection of Horace Augustine but will probably end up in the private collection of Betty Refour

When I first started messing around with Photoshop my mom sent me this black and white photo of her and her sister. My aunt had died years earlier and the only photo she could find of the two of them together other than when they were children was this. The photo was tattered, faded and scratched and she wanted me to restore it. I was like "sure no problem"....as I looked in the phone book under "Photo Restoration". I took it somewhere and had it done, it was way too important for me to tackle myself.

Not long ago one of my cousins asked me to paint the photo as a present for his Dad, their brother, but I already had someone in mind that I wanted to paint it. I showed my cousin Duane's work on Myspace and we agreed that we would ask Duane to paint it in his unique style. Duane agreed and this is what he came up with.

Ladies, we will forever miss your beauty, charm and grace along with your words of wisdom and encouragement. We were lucky to have had you in our lives.

Thanks Duane for giving us another memento to cherish. My mom's favorite color was blue.

Have a great day everybody, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: