Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Art For The Day - Juli Krasinski


©Juli Krasinski - The Beat of My Heart


I’ve been on my own since I was 13 years old. I’m a self taught artist, grow my own herbs and veggies, practice yoga and take in stray cats. I’ve been a single Mom for the last 9 years and am blessed beyond measure to have my son.

Let’s see, what else ... Oh yes, I also happen to have aspergers.

I won’t pretend for a second that it’s easy but, when compared with many other things, I count myself lucky. I think it is impossible to explain to anyone who doesn’t live it but ... it’s kind of like trying to go up the UP escalator and there’s a huge crowd all scrambling to get down it and you’re in their way. You see, I’ve never thought there was anything "wrong" with me. I’m just different. Very different in many ways but still, just different.

Sometimes I lose my mojo and get depressed that I can’t fit in or be like everyone else but then I find it again and remember that different is a very good thing to be.


Thanks Juli! You can find this painting along with more of her work in her Etsy shop here.


Have a great day everybody thanks for stopping by.

No comments: