Thursday, June 28, 2007

Art for the day



© Rose Refour - Backed Into A Corner - Colored Pencils on Paper



Backed Into A Corner Note Card



© Betty Refour - Backed Into A Corner - 16 x 20 Acrylic on Canvas




© Betty Refour - Places 2 - 16 x 20 Acrylic on Canvas



I imagine that although Rose is unable to articulate it because of her autism, sometimes she feels left out or slighted. People that visit us will often comment on my work but not always on hers. Recently I mentioned to her that a friend was coming over to see my paintings before I shipped them off. When my friend arrived much to my surprise Rose had done her rendition of Backed Into A Corner and hung it on the wall in our studio next to mine.

My paintings will be part of the show Seven to be held at the Irving Arts Center, July 14th - September 2nd. Opening reception will be July 15th from 2 - 4pm. The Irving Arts Center is located at 3333 N MacArthur in Irving, Texas. Roses' drawing will remain on the wall for the time being but it's available as a note card if anyone is interested. I should have photos of my work for my two other upcoming shows next week.

Have a great day everybody, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: