Friday, May 11, 2007

Light The Night Art Auction And Cocktail Party


My painting - Woman In The Scarf




I was part of a group show that was held at the Ft. Worth Community Arts Center from April 14 - 28th. The show culminated in an Art Auction and Cocktail Party on the 28th with the proceeds benefiting the North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. Some of you may be aware of the fact that I lost my mother last June to Myeloma so this was a very important event for me. Myeloma is cancer of the Bone Marrow, it is very rare and only has a 30% survival rate. My hope is that future generations will benefit from their research so that someday if there is no cure the survival rate will be higher.

I was delighted to learn a few days ago that $30,000 was raised from this event. Over 200 artists participated some of whom along with the coordinator of the event are cancer survivors. These are a couple of photos from the exhibit. Have a great day everybody, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Ruth Palmer said...

How fabulous Betty!